Completed challenge of running full length of Malawi on 25th July 2016;
27 marathons in 27 days
The aim of the run was to explore one of my favourite countries in the world but also to raise money for the charity FOMO, enabling them to build a science, agriculture and art block for their secondary school. This is a thank you to the children that first inspired me back in 2009.
Running Malawi 2016 – Highlights
- Being the first person to run the full length of Malawi
- Rough camping along the route at school grounds
- Distributing sports equipment to the schools where we camped
- Children from local schools and villiages joining me en-route
- Visiting the plot and ‘breaking ground’ for new school building that the run has funded with your much appreciated support
We are still not at our £35k target: please donate at https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/helpfomo35
Friends of Mulanje Orphans (FOMO) is a community based orphan care programme supporting over 4,500 children through a network of 14 centres in Mulanje district of Malawi. FOMO covers all aspects of the children’s welfare including health through our outreach clinic, formal and informal education, food security and production.
The programme also covers pre-school, out of school activities and further learning through our play schools, computer, driving and tailoring schools. The programme also covers the provision of school materials, personal items (Soap, clothes, blankets, and mosquito nets) and community much more.
To find out more and see the incredible work they do visit www.fomo.co.uk